It's four more days to 2014 omg 2013 passes damn fast
So I was reading this book "The Girl With the Butterfly Tattoo" by Dannielle Miller and she did a 'something of an apologetic love letter' to her body. She listed parts of her body like her feet, her body, her legs, her arm etc. and talked about why she appreciated them. So I'm going to attempt to do one too even though there's nothing much I love about myself/body.
Let's start from the top:
Thanks hair, for being so black and healthy and straight to make everyone jealous. It's my fault that you went through hair loss twice but I'm glad you're thicker and better now.
Thanks face, for being so fair and less prone to pimples. It's my fault that you have some scars now because of my itchy fingers that pick on my pimples.
Thanks eyebrow, for being so thick and bushy that I didn't have to use eyebrow pencil during my syf competition. It's my fault that you're thinner now because I went to trim you.
Thanks eyes, for allowing me to see the world despite you being so small that when I smile, it look like a straight line. It's my fault to spoil you since I was K2 and now I don't take care of you properly by taking out my contacts everyday.
Thanks teeth, for allowing me to smile widely when I'm happy/excited/taking a photo despite you being crooked and yellow. It's my fault that sometimes you have to suffer because of the acid. And it's also my fault not to take proper care of you when I was younger but I had fun pulling you out hehe
Thanks ears, for allowing me to hear and bearing the pain when I pierced my ears. It's my fault that you have to go through infections sometimes.
Thanks arms and hands, for being strong and allowing me to carry heavy things (eg. multiple shopping bags). It's my fault for harming and making you scarred for life.
Thanks fingers, for allowing me to touch, feel and grip things. It's my fault that your nails are short and uneven because you are oh-so-delicious that I have to bite you.
Thanks breasts, for proving that I'm a woman by growing healthily. It's my fault that you were small last time by not giving you enough nutrition. But I hate it that you're so big now.
Thanks tummy, for protruding out (not thankful at all) but at least I can imagine what's like to be pregnant next time (I'm just coming out with stupid reasons what even hahaha). It's my fault that you have scars now and won't be able to show you off by wearing bikini next time.
Thanks thighs, for being so huge (not thankful at all too) but at least you gave me the muscles to dance last time. It's my fault that you are all shaggy and full of fats now by not maintaining you through exercising.
Thanks legs, for being so hairy and keeping me warm. It's my fault that you have so many small 5cents scars now because I just love to pick my wounds.
Thanks feet, for being small so I'm able to find my shoe size easier. And I adore small shoes. It's my fault to tired you out by working long hours everytime and you are stuck in my stinky shoes.
Yups that's all my apologetic love letters to my body, from head to toes. I still don't appreciate them but at least I tried hehe
|
(Post a Comment)
Friday, December 27, 2013
| |